How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Science?
Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms
Image by Sentavio – stock.adobe.com
Dr. Xavier Fresquet
Sorbonne Center for Artificial Intelligence
4, place Jussieu
75252 PARIS Cedex 05
Tel: +33(0)6 81 13 94 97
- 2011: PhD in Musicology and Digital Humanities, Sorbonne University, France
- 2005: MA in Music and Musicology, University Bordeaux Montaigne, France
- Since 2019: Deputy Director, Sorbonne Center for Artificial Intelligence – development of research activities, teaching and partnerships – implementation of the scientific policy in AI of Sorbonne University and its partners, France
- 2015-2019 Project Manager, Plasma physics laboratory of excellence, Sorbonne University, France
- 2009-2014 Deputy manager of student information, Campus France
- Illumination Detection in IIIF Medieval Manuscripts using Deep Learning, F. Aouinti, V. Eyharabide, X. Fresquet, Frédéric Billiet, Digital Medievalist, 2021 (accepted, pending publication)
- Early musical iconography in the light of semantic technologies: exploiting, analyzing, disseminating, Musical iconography in Mediterranean countries at the time of intensive image digitization, Symposium, Palais Ennejma Ezzahra, Sidi Bou Said (Tunisia), September 20, 2019.
- Musiconis, linked data & interoperability: Mediterranean semantic approach of string zithers, Workshop on Medieval & Digital Musicology, Maison française d’Oxford, Oxford, 5 June 2019.
- Medieval Musical Iconography of the Fol’amor in the Digital Ages, 2015 TACMRS International Conference, NTU, Taipei, 23-27 October 2015.
- Musiconis: visualizing and indexing the Medieval soundscape, International Musicological Society Conference, City of New-York University, New-York, June 20- 26, 2015.
- Musiconis and the iconographic indexing system, Public lecture, Center for Medieval Studies, University of Western Australia, Perth, October 13, 2014.