How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Science?
Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms
Image by Sentavio – stock.adobe.com
Prof. Dr. Gabriele Schabacher
Professor for Media and Culture Studies
Institute of Film, Theatre, Media and Culture Studies
Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU) Mainz
Phone: +49 6131 39 31720
- 2004: Dissertation, University of Cologne (German Literature)
- 1998: Magister Artium. German Philology, Psychology and Philosophy, University of Cologne.
- Since 2017: Professor for Media and Culture Studies (Medienkulturwissenschaft) at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- 2014–2017: Professor (temporary) for the History and Theory of Cultural Techniques at the Bauhaus University Weimar
- 2009–2014: Post-doc position as scientific Coordinator at the Research Training Group „Locating Media“ (German Research Foundation) at the University of Siegen and lecturer in Media Studies at the University of Siegen
- 1999–2009: Research Fellow at the Collaborative Research Center (SFB 427) „Media and Cultural Communication“ (German Research Foundation). Universities of Cologne, Bonn, and Aachen.
- Schabacher, Gabriele. “Abandoned Infrastructures. Technical Networks beyond Nature and Culture.” Zeitschrift Für Medien- Und Kulturforschung, vol. 9, no. 1, 2018, pp. 127–45.
- —. “Staged Wrecks. The Railroad Crash between Infrastructural Lesson and Amusement.” Infrastructuring Publics/Making Infrastructures Public, Springer VS, 2019, pp. 185–206.
- —. “Time and Technology. The Temporalities of Care.” Hardwired Temporalities. Media, Infrastructures, and the Patterning of Time, Amsterdam University Press, forthcoming.
- —. “Waiting. Cultural Techniques, Media and Infrastructures.” Cultural Techniques. Spaces, Texts, Collectives, De Gruyter, forthcoming, pp. 71–84.