How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Science?
Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms
Image by Sentavio – stock.adobe.com
Sarah Pink, PhD
Monash Art, Design and Architecture & Faculty of Information Technology
900 Dandenong Road
Caulfield East VIC 3145
- 1996 Ph.D. in Social Anthropology University of Kent at Canterbury, UK.
- 1990 MA in Visual Anthropology Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology, University of Manchester, UK.
- 2018 – present Professor and Director, Emerging Technologies Research Lab, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- 2019 – present Associate Director, Monash Energy Institute, Consumer Theme, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. 2020 – present Co-leader People Programme, and Leader, Transport Mobilities Focus Area, ARC Centre of Excellence for Automated Decision-Making and Society.
- 2016 – 2018 RMIT Distinguished Professor, School of Media and Communication, RMIT University, Australia.
- 2016 – 2017 0.5 KK-Stiftelsen Foundation International Visiting Professor, Halmstad University, Sweden.
- 2015 – 2017 Director, Digital Ethnography Research Centre, RMIT University, Australia.
- 2012 – 2015 RMIT Design Professor, in Design and Media Ethnography, School of Media and Communication and Design Research Institute, RMIT University, Australia
- 2010 – 2017 Guest Professor, Visual and Media Anthropology, Free University Berlin, Germany
- 2008 – 2012 Professor of Social Sciences, Loughborough University, UK
- Pink, S. (Director), C. Williams (Producer) (2021) Smart Homes for Seniors. 30mins. A film made in the Emerging Technologies Research Lab from a collaboration between McLean Care, Monash and Deakin Universities, funded by the Department of Health, Australia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-5GfB0srkQ (trailer)
- Pink, S. (2021) Doing Visual Ethnography. 4th Edition. London: Sage.
- Lanzeni D, Pink S. (2021) ‘Digital material value: Designing emerging technologies’. New Media & Society. 2021;23(4):766-779. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820954193
- Pink, S., K. Osz, K. Raats, T. Lindgren & V. Fors (2020) ‘Design Anthropology for Emerging Technologies: trust and sharing in Autonomous Driving futures’ Design Studies. Vol 69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.destud.2020.04.002
- Pink, S., V. Fors, and T. Lindgren (2019) ‘Emerging Technologies and Anticipatory Images: uncertain ways of knowing with automated and connected mobilities’ Philosophy of Photography 9(2):195-216.