How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Science?
Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms
Image by Sentavio – stock.adobe.com
Prof. Dr. Sarah Pink
Monash Art, Design and Architecture & Faculty of Information Technology
900 Dandenong Road
Caulfield East VIC 3145
- 1996: Ph.D. in Social Anthropology University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
- 1990: M.A. in Visual Anthropology Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology, University of Manchester, UK
- Since 2018: Professor and Director, Emerging Technologies Research Lab, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- Since 2019: Associate Director, Monash Energy Institute, Consumer Theme, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- Since 2020: Co-leader People Programme, and Leader, Transport Mobilities Focus Area, ARC Centre of Excellence for Automated Decision-Making and Society
- 2016-2018: RMIT Distinguished Professor, School of Media and Communication, RMIT University, Australia
- 2016-2017: KK-Stiftelsen Foundation International Visiting Professor, Halmstad University, Sweden
- 2015-2017: Director, Digital Ethnography Research Centre, RMIT University, Australia
- 2012-2015: RMIT Design Professor, in Design and Media Ethnography, School of Media and Communication and Design Research Institute, RMIT University, Australia
- 2010-2017: Guest Professor, Visual and Media Anthropology, Free University Berlin, Germany
- 2008-2012: Professor of Social Sciences, Loughborough University, UK
- Lanzeni, D., & Pink, S. (2021). Digital material value: Designing emerging technologies. New Media & Society, 23(4), 766–779. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820954193
- Pink, S. (2021a). Doing Visual Ethnography (4th ed.). SAGE Publications.
- Pink, S. (2021b). Smart Homes for Seniors [film]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-5GfB0srkQ [film trailer].
- Pink, S., Fors, V., & Lindgren, T. (2018). Emerging technologies and anticipatory images: Uncertain ways of knowing with automated and connected mobilities. Philosophy of Photography, 9(2), 195–216. https://doi.org/10.1386/pop.9.2.195_1
- Pink, S., Osz, K., Raats, K., Lindgren, T., & Fors, V. (2020). Design anthropology for emerging technologies: Trust and sharing in autonomous driving futures. Design Studies, 69, 100942. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.destud.2020.04.002