How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Science?
Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms
Image by Sentavio – stock.adobe.com
Prof. Dr. Evangelos Pournaras
- 2013: PhD on Self-managed Distributed Socio-technical Systems, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
2007: MSc with Distinction on Internet Computing, University of Surrey, UK
2006: BSc in Technology Education and Digital Systems, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Since 2019: Associate Professor in Distributed and Intelligent Social Computing, University of Leeds, UK
- 2014-2019: Senior Scientist, Computational Social Science, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 2013: Visiting Researcher, EPFL, Switzerland
- 2012-2014: Postdoctoral Researcher, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- 2010: Research Intern, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Pournaras, Evangelos. “Collective Learning: A 10-Year Odyssey to Human-centered Distributed Intelligence”. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Self-Organizing Systems (ACSOS), IEEE, 2020, pp. 205-214.
- —. “Proof of witness presence: blockchain consensus for augmented democracy in smart cities.” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 145, 2020, pp. 160-75.
- Asikis, Thomas, Johannes Klinglmayr, Dirk Helbing and Evangelos Pournaras. “How value-sensitive design can empower sustainable consumption.” Royal Society Open Science, vol. 8, no.1, 2020, p. 201418.
- Helbing, Dirk and Evangelos Pournaras. “Society: Build digital democracy.” Nature News, vol. 527, no. 7576, 2015, p. 33.
- Pournaras, Evangelos, Peter Pilgerstorfer and Thomas Asikis. “Decentralized collective learning for self-managed sharing economies.” ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS), 13, no. 2, 2018, pp. 1-33.