How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Science?
Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms
Image by Sentavio – stock.adobe.com
Asoc. Prof. Dr. Evangelos Pournaras
School of Computing
University of Leeds
EC Stoner Building
Leeds LS2 9JT
- 2013: PhD on Self-managed Distributed Socio-technical Systems, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- 2007: MSc with Distinction on Internet Computing, University of Surrey, UK
- 2006: BSc in Technology Education and Digital Systems, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Since 2019: Associate Professor in Distributed and Intelligent Social Computing, University of Leeds, UK
- 2014-2019: Senior Scientist, Computational Social Science, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 2013: Visiting Researcher, EPFL, Switzerland
- 2012-2014: Postdoctoral Researcher, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- 2010: Research Intern, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Asikis, T., Klinglmayr, J., Helbing, D., & Pournaras, E. (2020) How value-sensitive design can empower sustainable consumption. Royal Society Open Science, 8(1), 201418. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.201418
- Helbing, D., & Pournaras, E. (2015) Society: Build digital democracy. Nature, 527(7576), 33-34. https://doi.org/10.1038/527033a
- Pournaras, E. (2020) Collective Learning: A 10-Year Odyssey to Human-centered Distributed Intelligence. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Self-Organizing Systems (ACSOS), 205-214. https://doi.org/10.1109/acsos49614.2020.00043
- Pournaras, E. (2020) Proof of witness presence: blockchain consensus for augmented democracy in smart cities. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 145, 160-175.
- Pournaras, E., Pilgerstorfer, P., & Asikis, T (2018) Decentralized collective learning for self-managed sharing economies. ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS), 13(2), 1-33.